This product is also available in the following versions:
Use the drop down list above to select your option. Price shown is GBP (ex VAT). Local currency price and price breaks (if applicable) will be shown once you have chosen an option.
This deluxe amplifier kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players. The kit has a volume control & power LED. It can be powered by a battery connected to the PP3 clip or a DC power module can be plugged in, in which case the batteries automatically disconnect and the power supply is used. The kit can be powered off a 2V to 15V supply, though the volume is better with a higher supply. It uses a NJM2073D audio amplifier IC which can output 1W per channel.
It works nicely off a 9V battery (not supplied) or if you want to run it of the mains why not try our 12V wall power unit.
This kit requires soldering.
- 1W per channel stereo amplifier.
- Choice of iPod or 3mm jack cable.
- 1 x NJM2073D Stereo Amplifier IC.
- 1 x IC Socket 8 Pin.
- 1 x 1K Resistor.
- 2 x 10K Resistor.
- 1 x Dual Wipe Potentiometer, 10K.
- 2 x 4.7R Resistor.
- 1 x Red 5mm Diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 16V, 470uF.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 16V, 100uF.
- 1 x Electrolytic Capacitor, +16V, 10uF.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x PCB Mount Slide Switch.
- 2 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- 1m x Figure 8 Speaker Cable 2x (7x0.18mm).
- 1 x DC Power Socket, Chassis Mount.
- 1 x Deluxe Amplifier PCB.
- Either: 1 x Stereo Amp Cable.
- Or: 1 x iPod/iPhone Amplifer Lead.
- PCB Length: 62mm.
- PCB Width: 50mm.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
- Click here to download Autodesk files for this product.
- 3D CAD Files.
- Click here to find out more about Autodesk.
- My Mini Factory 3D Printable Enclosure.
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag and bulk quantities for more details on this version click here
- Please note the iPod connecting lead is not the Lightning connector used on some Apple devices such as the iPhone 5. Adapters are available.
Vintage Vinyl Amplifier design, based on our Deluxe Stereo Amplifier Kit.
iPod Stereo Amplifier Dock by year 10 students at Hardenhuish School.
A video of us comparing our Amplifier Kits taken from our Ask Kitronik Live event 2012.
Excl. VAT: £5.41 Incl. VAT: £6.492
This Stereo Audio Amplifier Kit can be used with any Personal Stereo E...
Price From: Excl. VAT: £6.70 Incl. VAT: £8.04
This Deluxe Amplifier Kit has a volume control & power LED and the...
Excl. VAT: £1.25 Incl. VAT: £1.50
This is a great value, high quality battery. Lithium 3V Coin Cell, CR2...
Excl. VAT: £19.99 Incl. VAT: £23.988
The CS18 18W Soldering Iron (240V AC Mains Supply) is perfect for most...
Excl. VAT: £0.60 Incl. VAT: £0.72
This 8 pin DIL Stereo Amplifier IC will drive up to 1W into two separa...
Excl. VAT: £5.95 Incl. VAT: £7.14
This is a high quality 10 cm (4") Full Range 8ohm 20W Speaker with twe...