Doctor Who and the BBC microbit
From Monday 24th April, Doctor Who will be taking over schools across the UK in a special Doctor Who and the BBC microbit mission… The Daleks want to destroy the universe with a Reality Bomb and the Doctor needs your help if there's to be any chance of stopping them!
Teachers! Now's a great time to prepare your class for the intergalactic crisis ahead. You can download the teacher's pack for each mission a week in advance - so you can download the notes for the first mission, Mission Sonic, right now! Right click and choose 'save as' to save it.
Oh, and just so you know, I have intel that the missions will go live on the following dates. Set your calendars!
- Mission 1: Monday, 24th April (Preview lesson plan available now!).
- Mission 2: Tuesday, 2nd May (Preview lesson plan on 24th April).
- Mission 3: Monday, 8th May (Preview lesson plan on 2nd May).
Part 1 - Mission Sonic
What plan does the Doctor have in mind to save the Universe from the Reality Bomb? Check back on 24th April to find out!
- A lesson plan structure.
- An accompanying slideshow presentation.
- Help sheets for creating the scripts for this mission.
- Sample micro:bit .hex files covered in this mission.
This mission will put these computing skills to the test:
- Coding Skills.
- Computational Thinking.
- Creative Project Design.
- Programming and Development.
For more Doctor Who and the BBC microbit information, visit the BBC Make It Digital website.