BBC micro:bit - Kitronik University
This Kitronik University course is part of the BBC micro:bit partnership and covers aspects of the BBC micro:bit including an overview of what it is, what our role is and of course tutorials to let you get started using it within Design & Technology.
This course is still being written so check back regularly, or subscribe to our newsletter to be kept informed of updates.
BBC micro:bit Overview:
Getting Started with The BBC microbit:
- Powering your BBC micro:bit.
- Transferring a program to the BBC micro:bit.
- Getting Started with Block Editor.
- Getting Started with Touch Develop.
- Powering the microbit.
Free E-Textiles sample packs:
Using the expansion connector with electronics:
- Using the BBC micro:bit edge connector.
- Don't steal my BBC micro:bit alarm! (Learn how to use the output pins and LED display on the BBC microbit).
- Cool colours temperature sensor. (Learn how to connect a sensor the BBC microbit).
- Light level detector. (Learn how to use the Kitronik edge connector breakout with the BBC micro:bit).
- BBC micro:bit controlled crane. (Learn how to hack a toy and control it with your microbit).
- BBC micro:bit Line Following Buggy. (Learn how to use the Kitronik motor driver board with the BBC microbit).
- Controlling a servo with the microbit. (Learn how to connect and code a microbit to control a servo).
Inventors Kit Experiments:
- Inventors Kit Further Resources (Hints & Tips videos and code links). (Additional resources for the Inventors Kit experiments).
- 3D Printable case.
- CAD Resources.
- 3D Print Robot Wars Buggy, instructions and design file downloads.