The SparkFun Inventors Kit (SIK) is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the Arduino programming language. The SIK includes everything you need to complete 16 circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, display information on an LCD, drive motors, and more. You dont need any previous programming or electronics experience to use this kit.
The full-color SIK Guidebook (included) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners ages 10 and up. Version 3.2 of the kit adds a new Simon Says circuit experiment with all the LEDs and tactile buttons you will need to complete it, and a new full-color guidebook.
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED.
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer.
- Circuit 3: Driving and RGB LED.
- Circuit 4: Driving Multiple LEDs.
- Circuit 5: Push Buttons.
- Circuit 6: Reading a Photo Resistor.
- Circuit 7: Reading a Temperature Sensor.
- Circuit 8: Driving a Servo Motor.
- Circuit 9: Using a Flex Sensor.
- Circuit 10: Reading a Soft Potentiometer.
- Circuit 11: Using a Buzzer.
- Circuit 12: Driving a Motor.
- Circuit 13: Using Relays.
- Circuit 14: Using a Shift Register.
- Circuit 15: Using an LCD.
- Circuit 16: Simon Says.
- 1 x SparkFun RedBoard.
- 1 x Arduino and Breadboard Holder.
- 1 x SparkFun Inventor's Kit Guidebook.
- 1 x White Solderless Breadboard.
- 1 x Carrying Case.
- 1 x SparkFun Mini Screwdriver.
- 1 x 16x2 White on Black LCD (with headers).
- 1 x 74HC595 Shift Register.
- 2 x 2N2222 Transistors.
- 2 x 1N4148 Diodes.
- 1 x DC Motor with Gear.
- 1 x Small Servo.
- 1 x SPDT 5V Relay.
- 1 x TMP36 Temp Sensor.
- 1 x Flex sensor.
- 1 x Softpot.
- 1 x 6' SparkFun USB Cable.
- 30 x Jumper Wires.
- 1 x Photocell.
- 1 x Tri-color LED.
- 5 x Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs.
- 1 x Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons.
- 1 x 10K Trimpot.
- 1 x Piezo Speaker.
- 10 x 330 and 10K Resistors.
- SIK Guide.
- Online Experiment Guide.
- SIK Teaching Curriculum.
- SIK Code Library.
- Dimensional Drawing (Carrying Case).
SparkFun Stock Code:
On the pricing what is the difference between excl. VAT and incl. VAT. I want to make sure I order the right one!
Posted byon Friday, 26 February 2016
The price shown on the website shows the cost of the product both excluding VAT and including VAT. The VAT for the order will be calculated once you have selected all of the products you wish to buy. This is charged at 20% as that is the current charge for VAT, for more information look on gov.uk.
HI, will this work with the Intel Galileo - or if not, can you recommend an Inventor's full kit. thanks
Posted byon Tuesday, 18 November 2014
Hi, that's a tough one. It should work with all those parts if you use the 3.3/5V jumper to set the Galileo to 5V. The notes written though will be for a standard Arduino as they were written before the Galileo existed, as such there might be instructions that don't make sense with the Galileo or parts where the instructions don't work as described.
As the Galileo is so new there aren't many resources around at this time for it. You might want to check out sparkfun's guide here. There isn't a specific Galileo Inventors kit around yet as far as I know but that guide explains how to use simple sensors and LCD displays and other items with the Galileo.
Hope that helps.
Excl. VAT: £1.00 Incl. VAT: £1.20
Headers for the Arduino Main Board, Arduino Pro and Arduino Mega. They...
Excl. VAT: £19.50 Incl. VAT: £23.40
The Arduino Uno has 14 digital input/output pins, 6 analog inputs, a U...
Excl. VAT: £5.00 Incl. VAT: £6.00
The ProtoShield mates with the Arduino board and provides a small sold...
Excl. VAT: £20.00 Incl. VAT: £24.00
The Ethernet Shield allows an Arduino board to connect to the Internet...
Out of stock
Excl. VAT: £16.50 Incl. VAT: £19.80
This is LilyPad Arduino - the main board consisting of an ATmega328 wi...
Excl. VAT: £13.50 Incl. VAT: £16.20
Bump and Spin buggy is an excellent introduction to robotics and progr...