The Digital Sandbox (DS) is a learning platform that engages both the software and hardware worlds. Its powered by a microcontroller that can interact with real-world inputs like light or temperature sensors while at the same time controlling LEDs, motors, and other outputs. The Digital Sandbox is equipped with everything, on-board, that you will need to complete 13 experiments including controlling an LED, measuring how loud things are, detecting what the temperature is, and more. Think of this as a SparkFun Inventors Kit all in one board!
By interfacing the Sandbox to your computer via a USB cable, the Sandbox can be programmed using the popular Arduino programming environment. To further simplify the learning experience, weve designed the Sandbox and its guide around using a simple, blocky, programming add-on to Arduino called, Ardublock. Using ArduBlock a simple, graphical version of the popular Arduino programming language you will be able to program all of the experiments with a simple graphical interface instead of writing code.
The full-color Digital Sandbox Guide (included) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong. The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners ages 8 and up.
Note: There are three additional circuit experiments included in the DS Guide that will require the Digital Sandbox Add-On pack.
- Circuit 1: Exploring Blink.
- Circuit 2: Multi-Blink.
- Circuit 3: Dimming (the Hard Way).
- Circuit 4: Dimming (the Easy Way).
- Circuit 5: Colour Mixing.
- Circuit 6: Number Storage with Variables.
- Circuit 7: If This, Then That.
- Circuit 8: The Reaction Tester.
- Circuit 9: Serial Calculator.
- Circuit 10: Do the Analog Slide.
- Circuit 11: Automatic Night Light.
- Circuit 12: Thermal Alert!
- Circuit 13: Sound Detecting.
- 1x Digital Sandbox Board.
- 1x Clear Acrylic Baseplate.
- 1x USB Mini-B Cable - 6ft.
- 1x Instruction Manual.
- 4x Phillips Machine Screw - 4-40, 3/8".
- 4x Standoff - 4-40, 3/8".
Included on Board:
- LED Bar Graph.
- Slide Switch.
- Temperature Sensor.
- Light Sensor.
- RGB LED.
- Slide Potentiometer.
- Push Button.
- 3-pin Add-On Header.
- Eagle files.
- Digital Sandbox Guide.
- Experiment Guide.
- Experiment Guide (Arduino Companion).
- DS Guide (Separate Circuits)
- ArduBlock & Digital Sandbox Examples:
- GitHub (Example Code & Design Files).
SparkFun Stock Code:
There are no product questions yet.
Excl. VAT: £1.00 Incl. VAT: £1.20
Headers for the Arduino Main Board, Arduino Pro and Arduino Mega. They...
Excl. VAT: £19.50 Incl. VAT: £23.40
The Arduino Uno has 14 digital input/output pins, 6 analog inputs, a U...
Excl. VAT: £19.99 Incl. VAT: £23.988
The RedBoard Starter Kit is a great way for beginners to get their foo...
Excl. VAT: £32.00 Incl. VAT: £38.40
Using the MaKey MaKey you can make anything into a key just by connect...
Excl. VAT: £8.99 Incl. VAT: £10.788
Connect the RedBoard to your PC, program in C with the Arduino program...
Excl. VAT: £14.53 Incl. VAT: £17.436
A tiny Arduino ATmega32U4 board with 4 channels of 10-bit ADC, 5 PWM p...