High quality A/B grade Cherry Veneered MDF panel measuring 600mm x 400mm. Ideal for structural projects requiring a high quality appearance and finish on both the topside and panelling. Suitable for laser cutting.
This MDF panel is veneered on both faces of the sheet: A grade veneer on the front and B grade on the reverse. Please note: As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 10mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution).
A wood veneer is not like an artificial surface such as melamine or a laminate. It is cut from the log and therefore has its own unique grain, texture, and colour.
A Grade Veneer is a very high quality grading (typically the best you will see). The surface of the material will be consistent in appearance with no large variations in colour. Small pin knots are allowed and these would typically be only a few mm in diameter. This grade veneer is on the topside of this MDF sheet.
The B Grade Veneer underside shows the natural look of the veneer. There will be changes in colour that show the grain pattern. Sound, smooth knots are allowed and these will typically be under 15mm to 35mm in diameter (depending on the countries grading rules). The surface should normally be free from open knots and plugs. The material should be suitable for paint / stain or a lacquered finish.
There are two different cuts that can be used in veneer production:
- 'Quarter Cut' are cut at 90 degrees, producing the effect of a straight grain.
- 'Crown Cut' are sliced through the log, producing 'Crowns' and adding more character to the finish (as used on this product).
This product conforms to E1 (low) formaldehyde levels and is often described as 'Laser Grade' MDF but there is no official classification for this. We believe that E1 conforming MDF is the safest and best MDF for using in a laser cutter.
- A/B grade Cherry Veneered finish.
- Veneer thickness approximately 0.5mm.
- High quality wood and veneer, for great looking finishes.
- MDF core.
- Suitable for use in internal dry conditions as defined in EN 622 parts 1 and 5 and conforms to EN13986.
- Low formaldehyde emissions.
- 1 x 4.0mm Cherry Veneered MDF, 600mm x 400mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 4.0mm.
- Veneer thickness (approximately): 0.5mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of veneered MDF sheets include the tolerance for both the MDF and the veneer. The total combined thickness of both the MDF and the veneer could be as little as 3.70mm and as much as 4.30mm.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to the MDF, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 10mm rise between the flat centre of the MDF and the corner. These twists are completely normal. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- On all Plywood, MDF and Perspex Sheet Orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order in the U.K. (£18.00 for remote locations).
There are no product questions yet. Click ask a question to be the first.
Excl. VAT: £2.70 Incl. VAT: £3.24
3mm Birch Laser Plywood Sheet, 600mm x 400mm. B grade on topside, BB g...
Excl. VAT: £3.99 Incl. VAT: £4.788
4mm Oak Veneered MDF panel measuring 600mm x 400mm. A grade veneer on ...
Excl. VAT: £1.25 Incl. VAT: £1.50
4mm laser compatible MDF Sheet. Dimensions 600mm x 400mm. They are EU ...
Excl. VAT: £9.00 Incl. VAT: £10.80
6mm Black American Walnut Veneered MDF panel measuring 600mm x 400mm. ...
Excl. VAT: £3.99 Incl. VAT: £4.788
4mm Ash Veneered MDF panel measuring 600mm x 400mm. A grade veneer on ...
Excl. VAT: £8.20 Incl. VAT: £9.84
High quality flexible Sapele Veneer 600mm x 400mm. Ideal for adding a ...