This is a high quality Italian Poplar Plywood sheet which is suitable for a wide range of applications and is particularly suited to laser cutting. Poplar has a lower density than Birch, meaning that it can be easily laser cut at lower power settings (See comparison image below).
This Poplar Plywood has an AB grading which is typically the best grade of plywood available. Please note: As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 25mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution).
The surface of the material will be consistent in appearance with no large variations in colour. Small pin knots are allowed and these would typically be only a few mm in diameter.
This plywood uses an EN314-2 Class 1 glue which is suitable for Interior (dry) conditions. Interior glue is generally considered the preferred option for materials that are to be laser cut. This is because the exterior glues can cause a more obvious 'burnt' look on and around the area that is cut.
Poplar is a cultivated wood that grows quickly, which makes it a very sustainable product. This material is PEFC certified.
- Low density for easier laser cutting.
- Top quality AB grading meaning fewer knots aiding consistency of laser cutting.
- PEFC Certified (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
- Interior grade glue.
- 1 x 6mm Poplar Laser Plywood, 600mm x 300mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 300mm.
- Height: 6mm.
Watch this video below for information on how to use this product (please note: other Kitronik products are included in this video).
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of plywood sheets are the stated thickness +0.2mm/-0.4mm. This means a 6mm plywood sheet could be between 5.6mm and 6.2mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 25mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner. These twists are completely normal and add to the natural character of the plywood. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- On all Plywood, MDF and Perspex Sheet Orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order in the U.K. (£18.00 for remote locations).
There are no product questions yet.
Excl. VAT: £4.45 Incl. VAT: £5.34
White Perspex Sheet, 3mm thickness. Size 600 x 400mm. High gloss opaqu...
Excl. VAT: £2.50 Incl. VAT: £3.00
A 3mm laser grade Poplar Plywood Sheet. AB grade with a consistent su...
Excl. VAT: £1.30 Incl. VAT: £1.56
3mm laser compatible MDF Sheet. Dimensions 600mm x 400mm. They are EU ...
Excl. VAT: £3.60 Incl. VAT: £4.32
Red 0.8mm thick flexible Polypropylene sheet. This versatile material ...
Excl. VAT: £6.95 Incl. VAT: £8.34
High quality 0.8mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother su...
Excl. VAT: £1.95 Incl. VAT: £2.34
Green 2mm thick Polyethylene Foam Sheet. Sheet size 600mm x 400mm. Hig...