High quality A/B grade Oak Veneered MDF panel measuring 600mm x 400mm. Ideal for structural projects requiring a high quality appearance and finish on both the topside and panelling. Suitable for laser cutting.
This MDF panel is veneered on both faces of the sheet: A grade veneer on the front and B grade on the reverse. Please note: As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 10mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution).
A wood veneer is not like an artificial surface such as melamine or a laminate. It is cut from the log and therefore has its own unique grain, texture, and colour.
A Grade Veneer is a very high quality grading (typically the best you will see). The surface of the material will be consistent in appearance with no large variations in colour. Small pin knots are allowed and these would typically be only a few mm in diameter. This grade veneer is on the topside of this MDF sheet.
The B Grade Veneer underside shows the natural look of the veneer. There will be changes in colour that show the grain pattern. Sound, smooth knots are allowed and these will typically be under 15mm to 35mm in diameter (depending on the countries grading rules). The surface should normally be free from open knots and plugs. The material should be suitable for paint / stain or a lacquered finish.
There are two different cuts that can be used in veneer production:
- 'Quarter Cut' are cut at 90 degrees, producing the effect of a straight grain.
- 'Crown Cut' are sliced through the log, producing 'Crowns' and adding more character to the finish (as used on this product).
This product conforms to E1 (low) formaldehyde levels and is often described as 'Laser Grade' MDF but there is no official classification for this. We believe that E1 conforming MDF is the safest and best MDF for using in a laser cutter.
- A/B grade Oak Veneered finish.
- Veneer thickness approximately 0.5mm.
- High quality wood and veneer, for great looking finishes.
- MDF core.
- Suitable for use in internal dry conditions as defined in EN 622 parts 1 and 5 and conforms to EN13986.
- Low formaldehyde emissions.
- 1 x 4.0mm Oak Veneered MDF, 600mm x 400mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 4.0mm.
- Veneer thickness (approximately): 0.5mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of veneered MDF sheets include the tolerance for both the MDF and the veneer. The total combined thickness of both the MDF and the veneer could be as little as 3.35mm and as much as 4.65mm. The veneer on each face could be as thin as 0.25mm and as thick as 0.75mm.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to the MDF, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 10mm rise between the flat centre of the MDF and the corner. These twists are completely normal. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- There are many sub species of European Oak and each sub species has its own unique visual appearance. We are unable to specify which sub species we are supplied with and this can change on a delivery by delivery basis. Orders will be fulfilled with whichever sub species we have been supplied with.
Laser cutter examples:
- On all Plywood, MDF and Perspex Sheet Orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order in the U.K. (£18.00 for remote locations).
Hi Luke, it would depend on what time the goods were ordered. Our normal process for dispatch is as follows, if the goods are in stock and the order is received before 3PM on any working day, then it will be dispatch on that day and should be out for delivery the next working day. If the order is received after 3PM it will be processed for dispatch the following working day.Posted byon Wednesday, 16 March 2016
Hi Phil, I’m sorry to hear that you have had issues cutting the 4mm MDF, however this is likely to be due to your laser not being powerful enough to cut MDF, this is generally twice as dense as the equivalent thickness birch plywood sheet. It is also possible that your laser tube is old and as such doesn’t produce its full power. If you don’t require both sheets to be show faces then the 3.6mm Oak plywood may be a better option as this will cut easier than MDF, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/3218-36mm-oak-veneer-plywood-600mm-x-400mm-sheet.htmlPosted byon Tuesday, 9 February 2016
Excl. VAT: £3.75 Incl. VAT: £4.50
A 6mm laser grade Poplar Plywood Sheet. AB grade with a consistent su...
Excl. VAT: £6.95 Incl. VAT: £8.34
High quality 0.8mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother su...
Excl. VAT: £6.35 Incl. VAT: £7.62
High quality 1.5mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother su...
Excl. VAT: £8.65 Incl. VAT: £10.38
High quality 2mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother surf...
Excl. VAT: £3.25 Incl. VAT: £3.90
High quality A grade Oak veneer Plywood Sheet measuring 600mm x 400mm ...
Excl. VAT: £29.95 Incl. VAT: £35.94
Opaque Perspex Bulk Pack 3mm thickness. Size 600mm x 300mm. Nine gloss...