This high quality A grade Oak Veneer Plywood Sheet with a Chinese poplar underside and core is ideal for structural projects requiring a high quality appearance and finish on the topside and panelling.
Knots or resin within the material can cause scorch marks when used on a laser cutter. These can usually be removed with fine grade wet and dry sandpaper. Please note: As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 25mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution).
This product is most suitable for applications where a high quality outside surface is needed where visual aspects on the underside are not critical.
This is a 'Crown Cut' veneer with A grade topside quality.
A wood veneer is not like an artificial surface such as melamine or a laminate. It is cut from the log and therefore has its own unique grain, texture, and colour.
There are two different cuts that can be used in veneer production:
- 'Quarter Cut' are cut at 90 degrees, producing the effect of a straight grain.
- 'Crown Cut' are sliced through the log, producing 'Crowns'. This adds more character to the overall finish (as used in this product).
- High quality A grade Oak Veneer Sheet.
- Veneer thickness approximately 0.5mm.
- Suitable for use in internal dry conditions as defined in EN 622 parts 1 and 5 and conforms to EN13986.
- CC grade Chinese poplar underside and core.
- Although this is A grade Oak Veneer on the topside, the underside and core is CC grade Chinese poplar. We have used the product on our laser cutter successfully. You can see the results in the photos of this product below. The image on the left was cut from the front, the image on the right was cut from the back. You can see cutting from the front leaves slightly more of a burnt edge.
Laser cutter examples:
- 1 x 3.6mm Oak Veneer Plywood, 600mm x 400mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 3.6mm.
- Veneer thickness (approximately): 0.5mm.
There are no specified tolerances for this product but we would recommend +/-20% as a guideline. This means a 3.6mm Oak plywood sheet could be between 2.88mm and 4.32mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 25mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner. These twists are completely normal and add to the natural character of the plywood. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
Example of unfaced side:
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured curvature as much as a 25mm rise between the flat center of the plywood and the corner, therefore if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- On all Plywood, MDF and Perspex Sheet Orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order in the U.K. (£18.00 for remote locations).
Hi, is 3.6 mm oak veneer plywood available in A4 Size?
Posted byon Wednesday, 4 May 2016
Unfortunately currently we only stock this in the sheet size stated on the website. We are also unable to cut this down to size as we don’t have the facilities to cut this.
Excl. VAT: £4.10 Incl. VAT: £4.92
Acrylic Bubble Rod with a 15mm diameter acrylic rod with small air bub...
Excl. VAT: £3.75 Incl. VAT: £4.50
A 6mm laser grade Poplar Plywood Sheet. AB grade with a consistent su...
Excl. VAT: £6.95 Incl. VAT: £8.34
High quality 0.8mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother su...
Excl. VAT: £6.35 Incl. VAT: £7.62
High quality 1.5mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother su...
Excl. VAT: £8.65 Incl. VAT: £10.38
High quality 2mm Birch Laser Plywood. This plywood has a smoother surf...
Excl. VAT: £4.75 Incl. VAT: £5.70
A 3mm laser grade Poplar Plywood Sheet. AB grade with a consistent sur...