The 'Electro-Fashion Cat' is an ideal introduction to e-textiles. It should be possible for someone with basic sewing skills to make it successfully by following the instructions. When complete the cats eyes will light up when the right ear is squeezed.
This cat kit contains all the items you need to make the cat (except for a pair of scissors, a needle and pins for securing the felt when sewing).
To make the cat the felt is cut into four pieces following the lines. The LED eyes, battery holder and switch are sewn on to a piece of felt following the stitch lines. Finally the cat is sewn together and stuffed with wadding. Pop the battery in and when the cat's ear is pressed the eyes will light.
- Complete kit to make a soft circuit cat.
- Light up eyes.
- 1 x Electro-Fashion, Conductive Thread, 2m.
- 1 x Electro-Fashion, Push Button Switch.
- 2 x Electro-Fashion Sewable LEDs, Green.
- 1 x Sewable Miniature Coin Cell Holder .
- 1 x CR1220 3V Coin Cell.
- 1 x Printed Felt Cat Pattern.
- 8m Embroidery Thread
- Sewable Miniature Coin Cell Holder Length: 22mm.
- Sewable Miniature Coin Cell Holder Width: 12.5mm.
- Sewable Miniature Coin Cell Holder Height: 4mm.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Length: 15mm.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Width: 6.5mm.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Height: 2.7mm.
- Push Button Switch Length: 18mm.
- Push Button Switch Width: 8.5mm.
- Push Button Switch Height: 3mm.
- CR1220 Battery Height: 2mm.
- CR1220 Battery Diameter: 12mm.
- The coin cell holders in this pack contain Nickel and should not be used in designs where it will be in prolonged contact with the skin.
- Please note this is not a toy.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Lens Type: Water Clear.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Viewing Angle: 120 degrees.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Nominal Operating Voltage: 3V.
- Ultra Slim Sewable LED Luminous Intensity: 560 - 1000mCd (@20mA).
- Push Button Switch Maximum Switch Rating Voltage DC: 12V.
- Push Button Switch Maximum Switch Rating Current: 0.05A (50mA).
- CR1220 Battery Voltage: 3V.
- CR1220 Battery Capacity: 40mA/h.
- Conductive Thread Resistance: Approx 40 Ohms/m.
- Conductive Thread Denier: 18.
where was it made
Posted byon Friday, 27 January 2017
Hi Emily, There are various parts which make up the cat kit, and these come from a number of different suppliers, most of which are in the UK. We also then add the sewable coin cell holder and LED that we manufacture right here at our offices. Overall the goods would be classed as being manufactured in the UK.1 people found this answer helpful.
Please can you tell me the overall size of the electro fashion cat kit? Thank you
Posted byon Tuesday, 27 August 2013Hi Gillian, the cat is around 24cm tall and 14cm wide. Those are approximate because it depends on how/where you measure it.
Excl. VAT: £2.85 Incl. VAT: £3.42
This kit allows 'flashing LED' lighting effects to be added to textile...
Excl. VAT: £2.85 Incl. VAT: £3.42
This kit allows 'colour changing' lighting effects to be added to text...
Excl. VAT: £21.50 Incl. VAT: £25.80
This Discovery Pack is a great way of starting off with E-Textiles. Th...
Excl. VAT: £4.80 Incl. VAT: £5.76
This unit offers a simple way of adding Flashing LEDs to a textiles pr...
Excl. VAT: £7.95 Incl. VAT: £9.54
Conductive thread can be used like conventional sewing thread, however...
Excl. VAT: £12.46 Incl. VAT: £14.952
This Deluxe Pack is a great way to get a little more involved with E-T...