This fantastic new 'Electro-Fashion' range from Kitronik has been specially designed so that electronics can easily be used in textile applications; they allow lighting effects to be added to textiles designs without soldering.
The kits use 'conductive thread' which is a thread that can be used like cotton thread but conducts electricity like a wire.
This kit uses our own custom designed 'stitchable' coin cell holder. This has the benefit of large, easy to stitch connection points (no more difficult little holes!) and clearly marked terminals which show the battery polarity.
- Easily add lights to textiles projects.
- Easy to stitch connection points.
- Clearly marked battery polarity terminals.
- No soldering required.
- 1 x Coin Cell Holder.
- 1 x Colour Changing 5mm Diffused LED - 750mCd.
- 1 x 2m Conductive Thread.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Length: 34mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Width: 20mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Height: 4.5mm.
- CR2032 Battery Height: 3.2mm.
- CR2032 Battery Diameter: 20mm.
- The coin cell holders in this pack contain Nickel and should not be used in designs where it will be in prolonged contact with the skin.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here. You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2706.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This kit is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
- LED Lens Type: Water Clear.
- LED Viewing Angle: 30 degrees.
- LED Forward Voltage Drop: 2.7V to 5.0V.
- LED Max Forward Current: 40mA.
- LED Luminous Intensity (Red): 600mCd (@20mA).
- LED Luminous Intensity (Green): 1000mCd (@20mA).
- LED Luminous Intensity (Blue): 500mCd (@20mA).
- CR2032 Battery Voltage: 3V.
- CR2032 Battery Capacity: 200mA/h.
- Conductive Thread Resistance: Approx 40 Ohms/m.
- Conductive Thread Denier: 18.
Please ensure you remove the coin cell battery before washing. You can wash the electro fashion parts, although some tarnishing of the pads may occur so we don’t recommend this. If you do wish to wash the garments we suggest hand washing. The parts will need to be fully dry before being used.Posted byon Tuesday, 24 March 2015
0voteA: Hi Steve, sure you can! Just go to and select the kit (2709) from the drop down menu, enter your school's details and we'll post one right out to you.Posted byon Wednesday, 5 November 2014
0voteA: Hi Jennie, I'm sorry about that, it looks like someone reused the flashing LED kit image for the picture which does include 2 LEDs. The description does list the contents of the kit correctly but I can see where the confusion came from. I will get the image changed ASAP and if you still need them I can send you two colour changing LEDs. Please email the address you would like them delivered to to email@example.comPosted byon Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Excl. VAT: £1.25 Incl. VAT: £1.50
This is a great value, high quality battery. Lithium 3V Coin Cell, CR2...
Excl. VAT: £1.10 Incl. VAT: £1.32
This specially designed Sewable Coin Cell Holder has large connection ...
Excl. VAT: £2.85 Incl. VAT: £3.42
This kit allows 'flashing LED' lighting effects to be added to textile...
Excl. VAT: £21.50 Incl. VAT: £25.80
This Discovery Pack is a great way of starting off with E-Textiles. Th...
Excl. VAT: £7.95 Incl. VAT: £9.54
Conductive thread can be used like conventional sewing thread, however...
Excl. VAT: £0.50 Incl. VAT: £0.60
High brightness and 5mm in size, this Colour Changing LED cycles gentl...