This board allows a PICAXE 08M2 (not included) to drive two 6V motors bidirectionally and also has space for an input such as a micro switch. The motor driver IC is pre-mounted on the PCB, leaving the remaining capacitors, resistors and other components to be soldered to complete the kit. The bump and spin kit takes care of the electronics so you can focus on designing a buggy and programming it!
The board is supplied with a 3.5mm stereo jack for programming. When programming the board a small slide switch needs to be set to 'PROG' and on completion be set to 'RUN' (This is done to make full use of the microcontroller IO pins). The input pads have a pull down resistor and a de-bounce capacitor allowing a switch to be connected to the board and the PIC programmed to respond to it with the minimum effort. The motors are driven by the DRV8833 motor driver IC which is pre-mounted on the board, this will drive 1.5A motors so has plenty enough power for most projects. The kit is supplied with a 4xAA battery cage to power the board.
- 'Bump' detection input or other sensor input.
- Drives two motors, with full direction control.
- 1.5 Amp drive per motor.
- 1 x Stereo PCB Socket.
- 1 x Miniature PCB Mount Slide Switch.
- 1 x 1N4148 Signal Diode.
- 2 x 10K Resistor.
- 1 x 22K Resistor.
- 3 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 16V, 220uF.
- 3 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50V, 100nF.
- 1 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50V, 10nF.
- 1 x IC Socket 8 Pin.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 4xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Bump and spin PCB, pre-populated with the surface mount DRV8833PWPR motor driver IC.
- Length: 58mm.
- Width: 43mm.
- 1 x PICAXE 08M2.
- 4 x AA Batteries.
- 2 x Micro Switch (Long Lever) or similar.
- 1 x Twin Motor Gearbox Kit or similar.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- A computer with PICAXE programming editor software or similar installed on it.
- PICAXE USB Download Cable.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
- Test Program.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here. You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2156.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This kit is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
- PCB Length: 58mm.
- PCB Width: 43mm.
- PCB Component Count: 15.
- Voltage Nominal: 5V.
- Voltage Range: 4.5V - 6V.
- Voltage Absolute Max: 7V.
- Current Maximum at Nominal Voltage: 3A.
Is this product compatible with the BBC micro bit line following buggy?
Posted byon Tuesday, 28 June 2016
This bump and spin kit is designed to be used with an 8 pin PICAXE chip or similar, we do however do a kit specifically designed to take the BBC micro:bit edge connector. Please see:
Excl. VAT: £10.40 Incl. VAT: £12.48
This board takes an 18 pin PIC, which is programmed to respond to the ...
Excl. VAT: £7.75 Incl. VAT: £9.30
This Twin Motor and Gearbox Kit includes two motors and two sets of ge...
Excl. VAT: £39.99 Incl. VAT: £47.988
The PICAXE 20X2 Microbot is a versatile robot that is simple to assemb...
Excl. VAT: £1.50 Incl. VAT: £1.80
A PICAXE-8M2 programmable IC. The IC has 8 pins, a program memory (byt...
Excl. VAT: £1.10 Incl. VAT: £1.32
A 68mm diameter wheel for use with our matching geared hobby motor. Th...
Excl. VAT: £4.50 Incl. VAT: £5.40
This board has the ability to drive 2 DC motors or 1 stepper motor. Pr...