This board provides a rechargeable power source that can be used to power a project. It works by charging up a 1F super capacitor when it is connected to a USB port. Two LEDs are used to show when the capacitor is charged (this takes about 1 minute).
Once charged the USB lead can be removed and the board used as a power source. The power connection is by two solder connections. When switched on the board provides power until the capacitor is empty. The length of time this takes will depend upon your application circuit (from a few seconds to ten minutes or more).
- Super Capacitor Charge Controller Kit.
- Use this kit as a rechargeable power source for your Electronic projects.
- Two LEDs are used to show when the capacitor is charged.
- Once charged the USB lead can be removed and the board used as a power source.
- When switched on the board provides power until the capacitor is empty.
- 1 x 1F Super Capacitor.
- 2 x 10Ω Resistor.
- 2 x 470Ω Resistors.
- 1 x 10kΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 15kΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 68kΩ Resistor.
- 1 x LM358 Op-Amp IC.
- 1 x 8 Pin IC Holder.
- 1 x Right Angle PCB Mount Slide Switch.
- 1 x BAT41 Signal Diode.
- 2 x 5mm Red LEDs.
- 1 x USB Power Cable.
- 1 x Two Way Plug In Terminal Block And Header.
- 1 x Super Capacitor Charge Controller PCB.
- PCB Length: 53.5mm.
- PCB Width: 43mm.
- This kit requires soldering.
- This board was originally developed for use on our STEM racer kit. The build instruction reflect this, but the board can be used to drive motors in other applications or to power different types of loads (not just motors).
This kit is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Price From: Excl. VAT: £0.57 Incl. VAT: £0.684
This is a MM18 Medium Torque 3V DC Motor. Operating voltage: 1.5V to 4...
Excl. VAT: £14.00 Incl. VAT: £16.80
A 250g reel of Lead-free Solder Wire (99.3% tin, 0.7% copper). Ideal f...
Excl. VAT: £19.99 Incl. VAT: £23.988
The CS18 18W Soldering Iron (240V AC Mains Supply) is perfect for most...
Excl. VAT: £1.50 Incl. VAT: £1.80
A 1F Super Capacitor. Ideal for applications where a standard electrol...
Excl. VAT: £0.61 Incl. VAT: £0.732
Take power from a PC with this handy USB lead. The lead is 1m long and...
Excl. VAT: £25.00 Incl. VAT: £30.00
The super capacitor buggy involves a short activity in which students ...