The FM radio kit uses industrial surface mount ICs (the Si4820 and the NCP2890). The FM radio kit is supplied with the ICs mounted on the board. You just have to solder the remaining resistors, capacitors and other components to finish the kit.
The radio has controls for tuning and to adjust the volume. The circuit includes an audio amplifier and output is via a 66mm diameter speaker that is supplied with the kit.
The board can be powered from a 2.5V to 5.5V supply and works nicely off a 5V wall supply or 3x AA batteries (not supplied).
The Si4820 IC is one of the latest generation of radio receiver ICs that offer fantastic reception quality and ease of tuning, and the NCP2890 IC can output 1W of power.
- FM Radio kit.
- Audio amplifier built-in.
- 1 x Si4820 FM Radio IC (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x CM1213A ESD Protection Diode (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x TLV700 3.3V LDO 200mA Regulator (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x NCP2890D Mono Amplifier IC (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x Fixed Inductor 270nH 5% (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x 100K 16mm Linear Potentiometer.
- 1 x 10K 16mm Linear Potentiometer.
- 5 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 50V, 1uF.
- 3 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 33pF.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 22pF.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 470nF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 470pF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 1nF.
- 1 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 16V, 100uF.
- 2 x 220K Resistor.
- 1 x 56K Resistor.
- 1 x 3.3K Resistor.
- 1 x 100K Resistor.
- 2 x 0R Resistor.
- 1 x 6.8K Resistor.
- 1 x 470R Resistor.
- 1 x 10K Resistor.
- 1 x Watch Crystal for Radio.
- 1 x 100R Resistor.
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage with Flying Leads.
- 1m x Single Core Wire.
- 1 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x FM Radio PCB.
- PCB Length: 88mm.
- PCB Width: 46mm.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Wire Strippers.
- Tape Measure.
- Either: 5V wall power unit (some modification is required - see our tutorial for the mono amplifier kit here).
- Or: 3 x AA Batteries.
- FM Radio Telescopic Antenna / Aerial (Optional).
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag and bulk quantities for more details on this version click here.
Could the circuit be used in an old radio through its original 5 ohm speaker? Thanks
Posted byon Thursday, 26 May 2016
The kit is supplied with an 8Ohm speaker, as such you wouldn’t be able to use it with a 5Ohm speaker.
can the radio be changed to play its sound through the 'High power amp kit?
Posted byon Monday, 8 February 2016
Yes you can play the output of the radio through the high powered amp. You would take a connection from the negative on the radios power to the negative on the high powered amp kits input. You would then take one of the radios outputs and spilt this to connect on to both the right and left channel inputs for the high powered amp. Th remaining output on the radio can be left blank.
Excl. VAT: £16.50 Incl. VAT: £19.80
A Mono Amplifier Kit with a ready to assemble Perspex case, available ...
Price From: Excl. VAT: £6.70 Incl. VAT: £8.04
This Deluxe Amplifier Kit has a volume control & power LED and the...
Excl. VAT: £15.45 Incl. VAT: £18.54
The Spacer Kit contains M3 spacers in different lengths along with nut...
Price From: Excl. VAT: £1.79 Incl. VAT: £2.148
9V PP3 Alkaline Batteries, which have up to 6 times the energy content...
Excl. VAT: £14.00 Incl. VAT: £16.80
A 250g reel of Lead-free Solder Wire (99.3% tin, 0.7% copper). Ideal f...
Excl. VAT: £3.33 Incl. VAT: £3.996
MP3 Mono Audio Amplifier Kit: can be used with any Personal Stereo Equ...