This stereo audio amplifier kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players.
It uses a NJM2073D audio amplifier IC which can output 1W per channel. The kit is supplied with two speakers and a pre-made 3.5mm jack plug.
It works nicely off a 9V battery (not supplied) or if you want to run it of the mains why not try our 12V wall power unit.
- 1W per channel stereo amplifier.
- 1 x NJM2073D Stereo Amplifier IC.
- 1 x 8 Pin IC Holder.
- 2 x 10K Resistors.
- 2 x 4.7R Resistors.
- 2 x 100K Resistors.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitors, 16V, 470uF.
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitors, 16V, 100uF.
- 1 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 16V, 10uF.
- 1 x Stereo Amp Cable.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 2 x 8 Ohm 66mm Speakers.
- 1m Figure 8 Speaker Cable 2x (7x0.18mm).
- 1 x Stereo Amplifier PCB
- PCB Length: 58mm.
- PCB Width: 35mm.
- Either: 1 x Zinc Chloride PP3 Battery.
- Or: 1 x 12V Wall Power Unit and 1 x 2.1mm PCB Mount DC Socket.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Wire Strippers.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
- Click here to download Autodesk files for this product.
- 3D CAD Files.
- Click here to find out more about Autodesk.
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag and bulk quantities for more details on this version click here.
This kit is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
- PCB Length: 58mm.
- PCb Width: 35mm.
- PCB Component Count: 18.
- Voltage Nominal: 9V.
- voltage Range: 2V - 15V.
- Standby Current: 7.5mA.
- Current Max at Nominal Voltage: 180mA.
Steve Tucker the Faculty leader for Design and Technology at The James Hornsby School in Basildon in Essex sent us these fantastic images of student stereo amplifier designs.
A student from Selston High School made this exquisite Arctic Monkeys Dock using a whole range of materials and manufacturing techniques.
Stereo Amplifier Kit examples sent in by James Ratcliffe at the Milton Abbey School in Dorset.
MP3 Stereo Amplifier Kit by A Level Product Design students at Barry Comprehensive School.
Stereo Amplifiers by AS Level students at Richmond upon Thames College.
A range of Stereo Amplifier designs by year 10 students at Meadows Community School, Chesterfield.
Stereo Amplifiers designed by 6th form students as part of their A Level Product Design course at Audenshaw School.
A video of us comparing our Amplifier Kits taken from our Ask Kitronik Live event 2012.
Excl. VAT: £2.49 Incl. VAT: £2.988
The Easy Build Bike Light Kit uses two Ultra Bright Red LEDs, which fl...
Excl. VAT: £10.83 Incl. VAT: £12.996
DISCONTINUED - The radio has controls for tuning and to adjust the vol...
Excl. VAT: £5.05 Incl. VAT: £6.06
The Stereo Audio Amplifier Kit can be used with any Personal Stereo Eq...
Price From: Excl. VAT: £1.79 Incl. VAT: £2.148
9V PP3 Alkaline Batteries, which have up to 6 times the energy content...
Excl. VAT: £4.50 Incl. VAT: £5.40
A 12V 500mA Mains Plug Top Power Supply that provides a reliable regul...
Excl. VAT: £3.99 Incl. VAT: £4.788
MP3 Mono Audio Amplifier Kit: can be used with any Personal Stereo Equ...