This fantastic new 'Electro-Fashion' range from Kitronik has been specially designed so that electronics can easily be used in textile applications; they allow lighting effects to be added to textiles designs without soldering.
The kits use 'conductive thread' which is a thread that can be used like cotton thread but conducts electricity like a wire.
This kit uses our own custom designed 'stitchable' coin cell holder. This has the benefit of large, easy to stitch connection points (no more difficult little holes!) and clearly marked terminals which show the battery polarity.
Available in blue, green, red and yellow.
- Easily add lights to textiles projects.
- Easy to stitch connection points.
- Clearly marked battery polarity terminals.
- No soldering required.
- 1 x Coin Cell Holder.
- 2 x Flashing LEDs (Blue, Green, Red or Yellow).
- 1 x 2m Conductive Thread.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Length: 34mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Width: 20mm.
- Sewable Coin Cell Holder Height: 4.5mm.
- CR2032 Battery Height: 3.2mm.
- CR2032 Battery Diameter: 20mm.
- The coin cell holders in this pack contain Nickel and should not be used in designs where it will be in prolonged contact with the skin.
- All LED Lens Types: Water Clear.
- Blue LED Viewing Angle: 15 degrees.
- Green LED Viewing Angle: 30 degrees.
- Red LED Viewing Angle: 30 degrees.
- Yellow LED Viewing Angle: 30 degrees.
- Blue LED Forward Voltage Drop: 3V to 5V.
- Blue LED Max Forward Current: 20mA.
- Blue LED Luminous Intensity: 3500mCd (@20mA).
- Green LED Forward Voltage Drop: 3V to 5V.
- Green LED Max Forward Current: 20mA.
- Green LED Luminous Intensity: 4000mCd (@20mA).
- Red LED Forward Voltage Drop: 3V to 5V.
- Red LED Max Forward Current: 20mA.
- Red LED Luminous Intensity: 3500mCd (@20mA).
- Yellow LED Forward Voltage Drop: 5V.
- Yellow LED Max Forward Current: 20mA.
- Yellow LED Luminous Intensity: 3500mCd (@20mA).
- CR2032 Battery Voltage: 3V.
- CR2032 Battery Capacity: 200mA/h.
- Conductive Thread Resistance: Approx 40 Ohms/m.
- Conductive Thread Denier: 18.
Electro Monster Puppets by year 7 students at Kenilworth School and Sports College.
Flashing LED Wrist Bands by students at Cardinal Allen Catholic High.
A video about our Electro-Fashion range taken from our Ask Kitronik Live event 2012.
Electro-Fashion, Sewable LED Kit I was considering buying this kit (with the idea that my year 9 students will put light up eyes on their animal cushions). I am puzzled about how the eyes will switch on and off. I am also concerned about the cost. What would be the cheapest way to buy equipment for 100 pupils? thanks
Posted byon Wednesday, 30 April 2014Hi, this kit is very simple and doesn't have any switches included. You could turn the LEDs off by removing the battery or by otherwise breaking the connection. As for price you could buy 100 coincell holders for 90p each ex VAT. Two or three 45m bobbins of conductive thread and 100 LEDs. This works out dramatically cheaper than 100 of these kits.
Excl. VAT: $1.798 Incl. VAT: $2.158
This specially designed Sewable Coin Cell Holder has large connection ...
Excl. VAT: $1.226 Incl. VAT: $1.471
This Sewable Push Switch can be used to activate your E-Textiles proje...
Excl. VAT: $11.558 Incl. VAT: $13.870
Conductive thread can be used like conventional sewing thread, however...
Excl. VAT: $24.522 Incl. VAT: $29.426
The Electro-Fashion Cat is an ideal introduction to E-Textiles & c...
Excl. VAT: $0.817 Incl. VAT: $0.98
High brightness and 5mm in size, this Colour Changing LED cycles gentl...
Excl. VAT: $0.392 Incl. VAT: $0.47
Blue Flashing LED with a viewing angle of 30 degrees. Luminous intensi...